Just so you know, if you click on a product on AuthorityGardening.com and decide to buy it, we may earn a small commission. It doesn't cost you anything extra and helps us keep the lights on 🙂
At A Glance: Our Top 5 Hydroponics Nutrients
- MEGA Crop (1000g) Complete Hydroponic and Soil Nutrient OUR TOP CHOICE
- Liquid Nutrients (1 Liter) (New Version)
- Remo Nutrients RN70010 Remo's 1L Supercharged Kit Nutrien
- Growth Science Nutrients - Rock Solid (0-4-4.5)
- Remo Nutrients Micro, Grow, Bloom 1 Liter
What Makes For Great Hydroponic Nutrients?We’ve outlined below what we consider to be the most important questions to ask yourself when choosing the best hydroponic nutrients.
1. Organic or Synthetic?The first thing that you’ll need to consider is whether or not you’d like to use an organic or synthetic solution.While there’s a certain nobility to going down the organic route, it does come with some drawbacks – mainly solubility as the organic matter doens’t desolve quite as well as synthetic nutrients. You’re also going to have to deal with the smell. There’s no easy way to put this – organic solutions can STINK!
2. Liquid or Powder?Next up, you’re going to want to decide on if you want a liquid nutrient solution or a powdered solution.Chances are, if you decided to go organic then you’ll be left with only powder solutions such as blood meal or fish bone. However, if you chose a synthetic option you’ll have significantly more choice.Again, the right choice here comes down to your experience and convenience. Liquid solutions are normally pre-mixed so you don’t have to mess around trying to get the right quantities of each nutrient and once added to the system the nutrients don’t need to disolve making the minerals instantly available to your plants.It’s worth mentioning that if you’ve got a large setup or are a commercial grower then you’ll probably want to consider a powder as it’s a much more economical option that liquid.
3. 1-part or 3-part?Finally you might have noticed that there are certain solutions on the market that claim to be an all in one solution. While it’s true that these will provide your plants with everything thing they need to grow, to really get the best out of your plants you’ll want to look at a 3-part solution.This options allows you to control the differnt nutrient levels at each stage of the plants life so you give them exactly what they need when they need it.This is particularly useful when you’re growing things like hydroponic tomatoes as they require more specific nutrients at each stage of development.
The best nutrients to use for hydroponics
1. MEGA Crop 1000g, Complete Hydroponic and Soil NutrientsDesigned with Organic Amino Acid Related Trace Elements as well as Kelp Extracts, Vitamin B, Magnesium, Sulfur and Calcium. Mega Crop is best known as a Water Solution type of Plant food which is designed to give Planters and Gardeners everything they might need for their plants and their Gardens. With this Easy One Step process, this specific Plant food gives your plants the best quality of Water Food and the ability to allow plants to have maximum absorption and amount of nutrients they need to grow and survive properly as well as the ability of having a long shelf life without worrying about it expiring.
2. Liquid NutrientsThis Plant Food is designed to give your plants all the nutrients your plants and gardens need with well over 100 feedings within a container of this Liquid Plant foods which are only available in 1- liter size bottles. This brand of Liquid Plant Food also works well with several different types of Miracle-Gro types of Plant Nutrients and supplements for your plants and Gardens. Miracle-Gro has designed this specific Liquid Plant Food for all different types of plants and gardens even if your plants are in your house or outdoors, they also highly suggest to anyone who uses their products not to overfeed plants because of the amount of nutrients already included in this Liquid Plant Food.
3. Remo Nutrients RN 70010 Remo’s 1L Supercharged Nutrient KitRemo’s kit includes several different types of items such as Nature’s Candy, Remo’s Bloom, Remo’s Grow, Remo’s Magnifical, Astroflower and much more. Customers have rated Remo’s Supercharged Nutrient Kit a 4.5 out of 5 mainly based off their experience with this product for their plants and gardens, they have stated this Kit works wonders on their plants and gardens. This Kit has provided the right amount of pH balance which many plants and gardens require which is one of the main reasons why Customers have chosen this Kit compared to other types of Kits.
4. Growth Science Nutrients- Rock Solid: Bloom BoosterThis specific type of Plant nutrients is designed with several different types of elements which have been scientifically proven to aide your plants and gardens even if your plants are still in the flowering stage of life. The Liquid Blooming part of this product is built to restore and maximize your yard’s life span as well as maintain the plants and gardens you might have in your yard. Built to help any type of Gardener whether you have been gardening for years as well as experienced gardeners with gardens, plants and yards, even if you have a huge yard or a smaller yard. The Growth Science Nutrients’ Company have given you multiple options of sizes of their Bloom Booster which vary between 2.5-gallon bottles down Gallons and Quarts which depends on the size of your yard or garden.
5. Remo Nutrients Micro, Grow, Bloom 1 LiterRemo Nutrients has designed a high-quality product which has the ability to be used in all types of gardens even if your garden is soilless or built with soil or hydroponic plants. When customers purchase this product, you’ll receive a free pair of trimming gloves as well as a free shot glass cup which is made to measure the product accurately and precisely. Customers have stated they enjoyed the fact this Micro, Grow and Bloom set of Nutrients have provided their plants with the right amount of Nutrients and foundation to continue to grow and thrive.
The Bottom LineThere you have it, our guide to picking the best hydroponics nutrients along with some great choices of products that you might want to consider. Ultimatley, when you get the lighting right and provide the best nutrients you’ll end up with strong plants that produce bumper yields.– Happy Gardening!
Hi I'm Miles and I'm one of the team behind Gardeem.com.
Besides being a passionate grower and writer, I'm a husband, father and a grandfather to three! I started Gardeem in 2017 with the single goal of providing simple and reliable gardening advice to everyone no matter their ability levels.
Join Our FREE Gardening Newsletter
By entering your email address you agree to get our weekly gardening email. We'll respect your privacy and unsubscribe at any time.